14 December 2007

Ho Ho Ho... It's a Holiday Tree

There was much debate in the household over whether or not to have a 'holiday' tree for you. We can also call it a Christmakah tree, but any way you truly slice it, it's a Christmas tree. Well, the fact is it was important to Daddy which means I caved and bought a tree! I am so happy that I did. Not just because you have the right to grow up with our blended traditions and religions, but also because the look in your eyes, the wonder and amazement when you first caught sight of it is worth having a million Christmas trees in our home. Well...maybe that's pushing it! But it was incredible. You adore it and can spend all evening staring at the glittering lights and telling me the colors of the ornaments or pointing out the stars. You want to see it as soon as you wake up in the morning and after your nap, and once you see it you don't grow tired of it. I see no harm in something that brings you so much joy.


When you are a little older, then maybe Daddy and I will have the debate again ;-)




1 Comment:

Kelly said...

We celebrated both holidays at our house growing up!