08 December 2007

On the Fifth Night of Chanukah my Mummy Gave to me...

A trip to the Street Fair at COD! We had a very lazy morning today, since you slept in until 10:15am. Actually, you would have slept longer but I finally woke you so that we could start our day! We went to the Street Fair and let me tell you, it might have been my finest day of being a mum so far! I've been beaming all day!

We got to the Fair and silly me forgot my wallet...so I knew I couldn't shop but that we could have fun seeing the sights and sounds. You grazed as you always do, on cheesy crackers and Mighty Bites (called 'Mindy') and we strolled around. At lunch time I got you out of your stroller and we sat in the grass and you DEVOURED your lunch of lima beans ('bee'), chicken ('bok-bok') and crackers ('ca-ca'). You had a ton of fun trying to push your stroller in the grass and you loved trying to run toward to sidewalk and slowing down to let me 'get you.' We did a lot of "I'm gonna get you!" and you collapsing in my arms giggling. It was awesome!

But the best part of the day came next. We were about to leave and you didn't want to go in your stroller so I told you we could both walk but you need to hold my hand. You normally refuse to hold my hand, but today was different. With the wind blowing through your hair, Mambo the monkey draped around your neck, and giant trees behind you, you looked up at me, reached out your hand and together we walked for the equivalent of about 2 blocks. Every 10 seconds you would look up at me and smile this amazing smile, let out a little giggle and then keep on moving. It was a very slow two blocks, but I wish it could have taken even more time because it was the most wonderful feeling in the world; walking down the street holding my baby's hand.

We got to the car (you recognized it!) and I strapped you in and you reached out for my hand and wanted to keep holding it. Oh my goodness honey it was the most precious moment I can recall since the day you were born. What a great way to celebrate the day you turn one and a half!

1 Comment:

Jamie said...

OMG, how sweet! That is so precious!