04 December 2007

On the First Night of Chanukah my Mother Gave to me...

A bump on my forehead for all to see! Yup, if any of you are keeping score, it's furniture 4, Finley Zip. But aside from the bump a lovely First night of Chanukah was had by all.


Tonight we went to the Children Discovery Museum's Chanukah Party. You decided you needed some beauty rest so we got there a little late but we saw the Rabbi light a giant Chanukiah (read: menorah) made out of JELLY DONUTS! (read: soofganiot). (I am going between hebrew & english here...bear with me...Jewish Folk music and being surrounded by Rabbi's and Chabad brings it out of me!) Anyhow, we played at the museum a little, and you loved drawing with the chalk on the sidewalk! We may have a little budding artist since lately all you've got on the brain is CRAYONS! You tried your first latke at the party and you seemed to really like it. You kept taking more and more bites and then ten minutes later I noticed your cheeks looked pretty full...yup, there was all the latke. Right back at ya mum. Some other highlights were playing in a puddle and you looking like a future bowling all star when you played with the balls.

After the party we came home for dinner and then bath...where you received your first Chanukah gifty....a Jewish rubber ducky! You kinda liked him... then when bath was over you went to greet your bear Bella who was sitting in the dining room (she helps you eat your vegetables) and before I could catch you...BONK...that was your forehead into the corner of the wood dining table. Oh it crushed me, as they all do, hearing you cry and in pain like that. But we got you to take some medicine and ice to the head and you were back to normal quite quickly. Your head on the other hand, is the largest blue and purple goose egg to date. At least this one is to the side a little, where your hair covers it, as opposed to the others that all made their home smack dab in the middle of that pretty little punim of yours (read: face).
Then we lit the candles (you selected two orange candles- how did you know that is my favourite color), sang some songs and opened more gifts in your room. What did you get? What else...BOOKS. Your favorite. We knew that you were back to normal when you showed us what all the animals did and how the fish swim and how to sign orange.

Now you are in bed, sleeping away your bumpity bump while I write about it to get it out of my system. Chag Chanukah Sameach Chamuda Sheli. (Read: Happy Chanukah My Sweetheart). Thank goodness we have 8 nights to make up for the first. :)

Here are some photos that documented the day:













1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I love latkes! They are my favorite Winter time treat. And who doesn't love donuts?

I'm so bummed we missed out on the party at the Museum. Maybe next year? :)