10 December 2007

On the Seventh Night of Chanukah my Mummy gave to me...

My very own art gallery! You've been really into coloring these days (co-co or coo-coo, depending on how crazy you are feeling) and you've learned to sign Red, Yellow, White, Orange, Blue, Brown and Purple. You carefully pick your colors and then you like to have me help you draw things. I try to draw you something that is usually that color...so for example with the red crayon I drew you a heart. You love that heart and can almost say Heart and you sign Love when you see it. I also drew red lips and you call it "Ma" for mouth! In yellow I drew a duck, and in green I drew a tree. With the red I added apples in the tree and asked you what they were and you immediately answered "Apples!!" You smartypants!

You especially love taking the new Christmas and Chanuka we've received from the mantle and taking them to your little art station and coloring them. Your favorites so far have been Nana's card and Dave & Rob's.

So I took all our combined drawings and 'hung' them over the sofa on display and you looked mighty proud of all your fine art work! I sure hope you enjoy art and we can take classes together and spend afternoons at the museum! We always said if I opened a gallery you would end up being the gallery baby...so let's hope you like art! :)
Today we went to Emily's Beba's funeral. I guess you and Abby are very young to be at a funeral and witnessing such sadness. But the beauty is the two of you knew none the better and snacked your way through a touching and beautiful service. I am happy that you don't have to feel that sadness yet in your lives. I am sorry that Abby will not remember her Beba well, and I am sorry that you never had a chance to meet your Saba. He would be very proud of you I am sure.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again soooo much for coming to Beba's service. It really meant a lot to me. Even more so once I got my head out of the sand and realized what you were giving up in order to attend. I feel so blessed to have friends like you. Thank you.