29 February 2008

Flowers For Mummy


We've been having a blast playing in the backyard every morning. Each day you seem to introduce a new element to the games. It started simply with pouring water back and forth in a cup. Then it graduated to include rocks. Then it escalated to include the cheesy frog planter on the opposite side of the back deck, and it took part in the rock and water gathering. Leaves were eventually introduced, and now flowers!

You take all the items back and forth across the yard creating piles and marvelling at them. Then moving the piles to another area and marvelling at them there. I like the new introduction of flowers, because you actually DO take time to stop and smell the flowers, which I love. And it reminds me too to not just stop and smell the flowers per se, but just stop and take it all in. 'It' being life. It's important for me to do that every once in a while, so thank you for reminding me of that and teaching me new lessons every day.

0 Comments: