07 February 2008

Wawwuuu!!!

It's all I hear from your mouth these days! You are truly water (Wawwuu, for those of you who do not speak Finley-Speak) obsessed. It's become a true (I mean real bad!) obsession. You wake up yelling Wawwuu, you go to sleep saying it, you ask for it in the car, in the stroller etc. And not for consumption, I should mention. Purely for pleasure.

I keep half full water bottles all over the house and car so that you can shake them around. I put your Learning Tower up by the sink so that you can fill up cups and pour them back out. Dad lets you help him fill the frog humidifier in your room with water. We fill the pitcher and let you pour it into the bathtub. The list goes on and on. So yesterday I bought you the best gift ever! A water activity table!!!

Your face lit up when I told you I had a surprise for you this morning. I told you we had to dress warm and get your crocs on and that it had something to do with water! Oh you couldn't follow me fast enough to the back yard! Lo and behold it was a great gift and kept you busy for 45 minutes this morning (I had to pry your shaking, wet and crying body away from it so that we could have breakfast before heading out to meet friends!!). You were like a little chemist, pouring water here and there, over and over and over again, and giggling away at the bubbles you made by pressing some buttons. Fun Fun Fun! Even Maddie loved it and considered it a gift to herself as well; a brand new giant water dish!

After nap, well, you know the drill, "Wawwuu" was the call from your crib! But I wanted to get Maddie out on a walk first so we got in the wagon and went for a walk first but all you could ask was when were we going home and playing with the water? (well, that's my version of what you were saying. What came out of your mouth was screeches of "Wawwuu!!! Wawwuu!! Wawwuu!!" and when I would say "Do you want to play with the water when we come home" your little body jumped up and down (as much as you could with your seatbelt) saying "YEAH!! YEAH!!" Very fun.

So back to the house we went...as the temperatures dropped and you were drenched and cold and it was dark out, you still didn't want to let go of the table, and once again, I brought a crying, wet and cold baby inside. Took all your wet clothes off and you refused to wear anything at all. So now I'm shopping for an oilcloth apron for you!! Perhaps I'll pretend it's mine and then you'll be sure to wear it! ;-)




1 Comment:

Jamie said...

I hope Collin doesn't want to go inside after he plays with it! That is sooooo sweet!!!