05 May 2009

4 months flittering by...


No more apologies from Mummy! I know, I know, I lost the memories to my mummy brain possibly forever and we now may never remember what you did from Jan 2009 to May 2009. Oh, the sacrifices one makes for blogging. What have I been up to? Aside from being your loving and adoring (though honestly lately frustrated) mother, I've continued to be busy with a plethora of things from work, to family, to crafting, to just plain procrastinating.
I enjoy writing your blog so much, and thanks from a silent nudge that I personally imagined coming from a friend, (though it didn't), I now want to say I am back on the blog-wagon!
As for what you've been up to? An enormous amount of crazy and creative and wild things. I haven't read back to see what you were up to at the end of 2008, but 2009 brings many 'flyboats/hospitals/libraries' which ultimately are random items from all over the house piled up on the living room sofas. I Move one thing and you go into panic mode with a great big "OH NO!" and things just aren't right! Ah well, so the sofa's are useless until bedtime, where together after our family kooky dance time we tidy everything up and let everything "nap" together with their friends.
I'll try and track down a picture of a recent pile up. Uh, boat.

What else...you are still madly in love with reading books. The library is your favorite place to be. Reading books is your favorite activity, and we still read before naptime and bed time as well as every morning when you wake up. Anywhere from 10 minutes to 45. I love that you love books. I love books too, though am embarrassed to say that I barely make it through a magazine these days, let alone a book!
My nightstand is stacked with books from your psychologist about "Helping you socially vulnerable child" and "Emotional Coaching for Social Anxiety" and so on. Yes, you still have your moments, and your still not entirely comfortable in large groups, so we keep things small and tight these days and whoa, school is right around the corner so we are going to need some serious coaching through that one.
Amid this anxiety, you also walked up to a little girl at Target today and said "Hi, I'm Finley and this is my Majesty Mummy" Yes, that is your new name for me, because you are a princess and you've thus imagined me as the queen so have named me Majesty Mummy. I must say I way prefer it to Linnie, which you called me for 2 weeks straight. Daddy was Steve. I am sooo glad we are done with that phase! Oh wait, I imagine we're just on hiatus!
Your imaginary Rhino friend Rosa hasn't visited too often, I kinda miss her. You seemed to tell me what you were thinking about through Rosa. Now when I ask what you're thinking about you cross your arms and get a grumpy face and say "ANYTHING!" which really meaning "nothing." I want you to tell me more. In fact, I want you to tell me everything. And 'anything.'

1 Comment:

Jamie said...

Glad to catch up with you gals...She looks so grown up! Looking forward to seeing you soon! OX