29 October 2009

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses


Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses
My Friend Ashley talked me into submitting a dress design even though I so didn't have the time! But I must admit, it was so much fun to stop working and be creative again for a little bit :) My dress design would be made of a combination of knit Jersey and lightweight cotton.
Click on the image to get a really big zoom.
Some info:
~main dress is a sea glass color
~ fitted bodice with strips of jersey in same color making ruffle effect
~little puff sleeves made of light weight non stretch sea glass colored cotton with lavender jersey trim
~All trim in lavender jersey except pocket trim
~ pockets made of extremely light weight non stretch cotton in same sea glass color, with very thin orange trim.

All in a days work :) FUN!
Since I've never sewn adult clothing, I'm already working on a mini version of this for Finley. I've never tried to make my own pattern (well, I've never tried to make one that actually works!!) but here's to hoping this one fits! The bodice I made might be a little narrow...so I might be hacking off the top and just having a pocket circle skirt. We'll see :)

1 Comment:

Little Lovables said...

love the design! I would so wear it!