19 June 2008

Sick and Snuggly

Just a little note to say I am so happy you are feeling better! You had a little stomach bug that started at 6am Wednesday morning when you said from your crib "Mouth Poo Poo" meaning you had thrown up all over your bed. Pretty cute and clever I must say of you to call it that since you didn't know what else to call it! Well, there was more 'mouth poo poo' all day long and also fever over 102 and chills and even blue lips and feet! You had me worried baby! But we went to the doctor and she was certainly right, just a stomach bug!

It was strange though because you were totally different than your usual self. Normally you will eat non stop if I let you, but you refused all and any food, other than less than half a cracker (on a good day you would eat five if I let you!!). Plus it didn't stay down! You also wouldn't drink juice. Now you never do drink juice but not because you don't like it, but because I never give you juice! But you love it the few times a year you drink it! Yesterday I tried everything to get you to drink juice. No way.

The other huge difference, which while I hated the reason you were being this way, I secretly enjoyed it, was that you became the most delicious snuggle bug around. You rarely snuggle, maybe twenty minutes in a whole week, maybe, on a good week! But yesterday you curled up in my arms for at least 8 hours. You melted your face in my shoulder or chest and wrapped your arms around me. It was delicious, especially the few minutes you napped on me. We didn't leave each other's side for more than 10 minutes all day. Now that was nice. Not that you were sick, but nice that you knew I would always be there to care for you.

2 Comments:

Michele said...

Poor thing! She looks so comfy in your lap! Nothings better than being with Mommy when you're sick! I hope she feels better!

Unknown said...

HUGE AMOUNTS OF PUKE!!!!!