24 November 2007

The Baby in the Library Goes Bumpity-Bump...

Well, another bump on the head for you today my dear. You poor thing, you just keep falling! I think you get really excited and want to get to places faster than your little legs can get you there and you end up toppling over!


We've had a number of forehead bumps on the tile floors or side bumps on the sofas or chairs, and of course, how can I forget the millions of bruises to your legs and knees since the day you started to crawl. But today's bump is noteworthy. Why? Because it scared me. It was just so fast. One minute we were walking down the aisles full of books, and suddenly the window caught your eye. You beelined for it and fell straight forward into the wooden window sill. Ouch you poor thing, you cried of course but were calmed by some water and cheesy crackers...so I knew you were OK. But within minutes I got you in your car seat and a goose egg the size of a quarter was instantly blue and protruding from between your eyes, just above your nose! Ayayaya baby!

But your spirits were fine and the medical professionals, internet and otherwise all tell me you are fine. I checked in on you during your nap and you guessed it, you are fine. I guess it's just another part of being a child...and being a mummy. We'll get through it...I'm sure you'll fare better through this one and many others than I will.

0 Comments: