25 November 2007

Smarty Pants

Sometimes you are so smart, it blows my mind. Other times you are such a little kook, it makes me giggle. The picture shows your goofy side, but let's focus on your brains for a moment. We all know you love your books, but the other night you pulled out your coloring book from the bookshelf and showed it to Daddy. You kept grunting something to him so he showed you the pictures in the book. You were trying to tell him something, but he didn't understand...so you picked yourself up, grabbed your coloring book, and walked out the room. He followed you out to the kitchen, where you stood pointing upwards at the counter and grunting like a little mad woman. You were clearly asking for something. Sure enough, way up high above your eye level was a box of crayons you had seen the day before (guilty- I did not clean the kitchen counter!). Wow, did you really put two and two together! Daddy was amazed. I nodded my head when he told me the story- I know you are capable of so much. :)


But then the next day, perhaps you felt the need to prove something to me....so again, you pulled out your coloring book from the bookshelf. You kept saying "whoooo, whooo" which is your sound for an owl. So I tried to pull out a book with a picture of an owl. You kept shoving the coloring book at me so I opened the book and started flipping through the pages. You kept 'whooo-ing' and sure enough, the one colored in page in the entire book had a little bitty owl that you and daddy colored in blue. It was the only thing you colored! Amazing. Your memory grows leaps and bounds each day.

I cannot say the same for myself...to be quite honest, I have no idea where those crayons are now! :)

0 Comments: