26 November 2007

How Sweet it is to be Loved by You....

So, I always tell your father that you are bored of me. What I mean by that is that we spend so much time together and I am not as exciting to you as I once was. So, when we play you are always off to something else, away from me. Or when we sit together and I hold your hand or rub your hair you say "no-no" over and over. You want your space from me, and that's OK.


But...every night when your Daddy comes home you get super excited to see him and you smile and reach for his hugs...but soon after, all you want is "Mama-Mama." Dad keeps trying to play with you in your playroom while I either go to the office or work in the kitchen, and you come running after me, arms wide open, waiting for me to scoop you up. It's pretty hard to resist.

Today for example, Dad was not working so he spent most of the day with you while I ran errands. Each time I came home your head would turn my way, you would exclaim "mama" and give me the sweetest smile you have to offer. You would blow me kisses from your highchair as I unloaded groceries, you would sign 'Love' as I walked past you back to the garage to get bags from the car, or you would wait at the laundry room door squeaking out your cutest "Mama-Mama" as I finished hanging some shelves.

I cannot express how incredible that makes me feel. Or how you nuzzled your head on my shoulder and snuggled tonight as I danced with you before putting you to bed in your crib. Oh, how sweet it is to be loved by you.

0 Comments: