31 December 2007

Happy New Year!

I can't believe this wonderful year is coming to an end, and you are growing up so fast!! It's been so amazing. I look at our photos and videos all day long and I have a hard time coming to grips with how much you've changed our lives.

Last night your dad and I were talking about our best memories of you from when you were a baby. I said I loved swaddling you and sitting with you in your room and having your face cradled in my neck. I knew I should put you in your crib when you were asleep, but I just couldn't let go of you. You were so little and so precious. Dad's favorite memory was Master Sunday waking up at 5am or whatever early wake up time you once had, letting me sleep in, and feeding you on the sofa and then having you fall asleep on his chest for 2 hours.


We both agreed that the best was getting you up from bed when you were wearing your little bitty sleep gown. There was something about it that made you look so innocent, beautiful and angelic, and we would always stop to marvel at you when you wore one. I remember taking this picture so vividly...we couldn't believe you fell asleep while we were changing your diaper.


Happy new year. We love you.

0 Comments: