03 January 2008

Hugs...and Arghs!

You love to hug your dolls. You get the sweetest look on your face when you give a hug. It's this look of pure love and happiness that makes my heart melt.

But, you certainly seem to be the little Gemini that you are...the twin sign who can be an angel and devil at the same time...

You can go from HUGS to....ARGHS in zero seconds flat....

We welcomed in the new year with your first ever true meltdown. Argh. You've been pretty clingy lately, and wanting "Up" a lot. I am trying to teach you that you can't always have "Up." Oh boy, did you want "Up." You screamed and cried for at least 10 or 15 minutes. I tried every technique I knew, including Karp's caveman techniques, to no avail! Tears streaming down your face, red blotches everywhere and your body flailing on the ground. It worries me that you'll hurt yourself, especially on the tile and when you try to bang your head. I took you in my arms but stayed on the ground with you, so that you wouldn't hurt yourself. You wanted nothing to do with me, but you still, just wanted "Up." You finally ran to your dad who was trying to distract you in the playroom. It was not any of our finest moments...but I'm sure we'll get lots of practice. Practice makes perfect, right? Argh...

0 Comments: