18 December 2007

Look at my Grapefruit!

You find the oddest things to attach yourself to, today you decided it would be the grapefruit. Emily picked it off her tree just for us and you loved smelling it all day. You woke up from your nap and it was the first thing on your mind. You signed that it was yellow and tried to tell me it's bumpy.

When we went to the grocery store later today you attached yourself to a bag of onions and managed to scream "Onion!!" all over up and down the aisles. It was the first time you learned the word and you caught on to it quite well. The correct pronunciation in Finley Speak would sound more like "Uhn-nyo!!"

I know I've been slacking and not writing as often as I'd like to...this holiday time is just so darn busy! I promise to get back up to speed. The fact is if I don't write these special things that you do down now, I'll forget it in a day (yes, Mommy brain continues well past pregnancy, so when you are older and I forget to pick you up at soccer practice I might try to blame you!). And I want you to be able to hear these memories later in life. I think that would be so awesome to share with you .... and use as blackmail when you are a teenager. Love you darling.

0 Comments: