17 January 2008

My Little Foodie...

Well, not quite. But today we did manage to take you out to TWO restaurants. That's practically more than you've been to in the last 6 months! Let's face it, I'm an anal mother who thinks your solid nutrition is very important, as is my peace of mind...and as such we've avoided restaurants. It's too stressful; we wait, you get antsy, we eat like madmen, barely even finishing a bite before taking the next so that we can trade off on feeding you duties. You think the water is a toy, and next thing we know you are practically taking a bath at the table, straws are to be found everywhere...well, the list goes on as to why we avoid restaurants!


But, your dad and I finally decided we need to re-enter the 'regular' world and do what families do. That would consist of a nice brunch after a morning of hiking and a loud dinner at, of all places, Red Robin. We even bumped into people we know! Who knew that they too go out after dark!

Oh my god I'm embarrassed to admit that not only did all of our nutrition go out the window, but we hang our heads in shame knowing we let you snack on the batter of onion rings (I was compelled to order them after walking in and smelling a delicious smelling tower of deep fried goodness!!). I can't believe we let you eat that. It was enough to fill barely a tablespoon, but still....ugh. You also feasted on apples and apple sauce, one slice of pizza and a tiny amount of grilled chicken. Not your finest meal, but if it's one night every once in a while where you see no vegetables, well, we can deal! (I'm so proud of myself! This is a major breakthrough I think!)

Anyhow, both restaurant excursions went without any major hitch. I tried to act sane and be calm (both very difficult for me, but I managed), and make conversation with our friend and neighbor Dave who decided to partake in the madness. I was smart though and just ordered soup, because seriously your Dad came home with a stomach ache after eating so much fatty stuff. We'll be back to salads tonight :)

Anyhow, we're both proud of you. I guess we're not the only ones that have grown, you have too! This means we can go out after dark now every once in a while. Very exciting stuff. But we may need to pick a different restaurant to go to next time...

0 Comments: