04 January 2008

When Good is Strange

Last night was weird. It was so weird because you were perfect. I know that sounds terrible...but you are a one and a half year old with quirks and one of those is you cry and fuss sometimes. Last night your dad and I felt some strange calm fill the house. I sure hope it isn't the calm before the storm!! Or did you know I blogged about your tantrum and you wanted to give the world a better impression of you? Or are you trying to get me back for writing about your tantrum, and proving to me that I am wrong?? making me eat my words?

Well, eat them I shall. Fact is, you were perfect.

Usually dinner can be a bit of a struggle, and so can bath, getting into jammies and bedtime. It's not usually a BIG struggle, not by any means. But usually you fuss, whether for only a second or a few minutes, during one of the aforementioned activities.

You ate dinner like a champ. Thank you! You downed the egg puff I made for you, which I am thrilled about! You ate your fish, and your veggies, and edamame (you call is "mamee") Then we went to the bathroom to get ready for bath and you giggled your way to getting in. You hugged the sheepskin and laughed and laughed. Wow. Weird.

I went to make dinner while dad gave you a bath. I waited to hear when you were out so that I could come join him in getting you in your jammies, like I usually do. My cue is usually when I hear you start to fuss, as you tend to do when you get your diaper put on and your lotion on. But it was eerie. It was so quiet. I snuck in to look, and there you were, cool as a cucumber, letting dad lotion you and dress you. Wow. Weird.

Off you went to your bedroom for stories and music before bed with dad. I continued dinner and heard nothing. You usually fuss when Goodnight Moon is being pulled out, because you know that's the last book of the night. Nope, tonight you saw it come out, heard the first page and told your dad "I'm done with this baby. I know what's next so just put me in bed." Well, not in so many words, but you did sign that you wanted to go to bed. It was so weird, and one of the quietest hours we've have between 6:30 and 7:30 pm in a long time.

Weird. But we love it. Life is good.

0 Comments: