15 February 2008

Direct Line to Abby

There's a lot of Abby Love going on in this house. Abby is one of your best gal pals, an adorable 23 month old who always makes you smile. The new ritual these days is you ask to call her on your pretend cell phone every night before bed (and often before naps as well). You'll yell out "Amby!!!" and point to the phone and insist I call her, stat.

It's not ok for me to just call and say "Hi Abby, Finley wants to say Lilah Tov (good night)...no no no....we need to tell her about our day, and what we ate, and where we went, and we need to do all that, even if you two spent the day together!

And it doesn't end there. When my neck finally starts killing me from reading a book and craning my neck to keep Abby on the phone (that's right, if I put the phone down you freak out and yell "Amby!!!!" all over again) I then tell you Abby went Lilah Tov. You wave goodbye to her and then say "Emellay!!!", who is my dear friend Emily, Abby's mum (well, I guess she's her Mom, not Mum ;) Anyhow, we then continue the conversation with 'Emellay' until she too, miraculously goes Lilah Tov.
You'd think it would end there, right? Nuh-uh. You guessed it...you now ask for "Ryruu!!!" being Ryan, Abby's Daddy. I cannot believe it, it's so funny! So I spend the entire evening with a crick in my neck, reading you books, and reading their whole Abby family books as well.

When Dad puts you to bed (which is most nights, except lately while you are sick and insist on being a Mama's Girl) he must do the same routine. He and Ryan occasionally speak guy talk...but I think for the most part it's "Abby, did you see how pretty Finley's hair looked today?" and "Abby, did you see the giraffes at the zoo?" and "Ryan, aren't our girls just so adorable?"

OK, maybe the last one he didn't say...I'm embellishing. :) But I wanted to document this adorable (yet slightly painful) new routine of yours. What I think is so sweet about it is just how much you are able to show your love for others.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool. We all (Emily, Abby and me) just read your post together. It's so neat to see how much they like each other. Abby was very excited to see the picture of you and Finely. She kept pointing at the screen and laughing.