17 February 2008

Lunching like a big girl

Today we never left the house except to go in the backyard and a short walk. We're on sick day number who knows what (feels like forever!) and we actually had a pretty enjoyable morning and afternoon!

We spent much of the morning in the backyard playing with the water and rocks. I even got to do a little bit of rearranging on the back deck to make it more Finley friendly, which was nice.

You wanted to eat and I told you we would have to go inside to your highchair, but instead you pointed at the deck chair and told me you wanted to eat there. Then you pointed to the chair next to it and told me that I would sit there. So...off I went and got your lunch and there you have it...your first real meal sans high chair (and not in my lap or in a park etc). You loved it and so did I.

I learned something very important about you today...you are a girl of conviction!! I took your diaper off this morning to give you a little 'breathing' time and decided since we weren't leaving the house all day to just leave you like that. I kept asking if you needed to go potty every time you squirmed and you said no. You were right, you didn't. You didn't after your milk, or after breakfast, or after water, or a snack, or lunch, or more water. Huh!!!??? Five hours passed, and you never peed. Not once. Heck, we were playing WITH water all morning and the pool in the backyard had the spa spillover on and all we could hear was the sound of a water fall...but nope, nothing! Can't say the same for mummy!

Finally I realized that you must be afraid to do it without your diaper on...so I put on a diaper, and sure enough, within a few minutes I changed you into a clean one. Wow, who knew a one and a half year old could hold it!!?? I sure could have used that iron bladder when I was pregnant with you! ;-) (Am I allowed to write this stuff on my own blog?) :)

0 Comments: