11 February 2008

Get on Board (Choo! Choo!) the Potty Train!!

Well, this picture sure looks successful, but to be truthful, you have never ever peed in your potty to date! I recently bought a Potty Training kit by Baby Signs since you love to sign, and thought that might be a fun way to incorporate potty training into our lives. We're not technically potty training, but potty familiarizing at this point.

The kit came with a video teaching signs for Potty (you are doing the sign in the picture) and other helpful signs, and a catchy little song that includes the line "If you want to wear a pair of big kid underwear, get on board (choo choo) the potty train! If you want to learn to pee on the potty just like me, get on board (choo choo) the potty train!!" You get the drift. I only type it all out because I haven't gotten the song out of my head for days!!

Anyhow, I know you have no idea when you are peeing, or wet or whatever, so I thought to just have you enjoy the time and have interest in your new potty. You don't seem to mind it, but you certainly have no idea what it's for...considering you stood up after sitting on the thing for ten minutes, and then peed standing up a few feet from the potty! And you didn't even notice! It was funny. This will be a loooong process! But that's fine...we've got plenty of time!

You have been enjoying though playing without a diaper on...which makes my heart rate rocket so I'll have to figure out how to incorporate your new found love of going au naturel with the beige carpets and persian rugs! I think it's so healthy for you, so I certainly want to encourage it. It would suck having to wear a diaper all day and night long...especially when you have such sensitive skin, as you do.

Anyhow, this is probably TMI (Too Much Information) for you, but one day when I am an old lady you'll be talking about buying me diapers and you'll see that I did it for you and it's your child responsibility to your crazy old mama. What goes around comes around...let's hope you have hardwood floors when you have to take care of me!! ;-)

0 Comments: