02 February 2008

Sickipoo

Well, you've got the sickipoo. It's your first cold of the season, and it's been dubbed Snot Fest 2008 by dear Emily (Abby is sick as well). In fact, it is so snotty that I devised a llittle trick to keep your hair off your face. I got you to wear this headband (which again, you love and Say "Pretty" when you see your reflection) because you have long bangs, and long story short is snot plus hair equals glue. Basically your bangs were glued to your cheeks all day from getting stuck in your, well, I'll say it again, snot! So headband it is! You look so grown up in it...like my little 10 year old! Well, not quite, but you sure look older than your 20 months! (Hmm, I can barely believe you are 20 months!).


Anyhow, this little bug is pretty sad, because your voice is all congested and raspy, and your little cough is so sad to hear. But you are doing really well through it, and although you've been clingier than usual, you've also been more focused than usual. I bought you a new shape sorter the other day and I'm sure we've played with it for at least 5 hours over the last two sickipoo days! You've really enjoyed taking your time with it, which is not your typical way of play...so this is a good thing! You've even learned a few shapes, and I'm pretty sure you are saying Circle and Triangle. Although not entirely positive. I know you have Star and Heart and Moon (for a half circle) in your shapes repertoire, and I think we can add Circle as well. Maybe Triangle was a fluke.

They say to take lots of Vitamin C when you are sick. You are not very tolerant to citrus, so rather than eating vitamin C you are still just toting it around with you. We don't go anywhere without an orange or grapefuit (in your words"Anmo" for orange and "Ahpoo" for grapefruit) clutched in your little hands. After nap yesterday I asked you if you wanted to go in the car and go shopping. Your usual answer is "Yes!" but you weren't in the mood. I asked if you wanted to go shopping to buy new oranges and your eyes lit up and then I heard your great big "YES!" and you couldn't run to the garage door fast enough! I bought you three new oranges, and you were over the moon! Thank goodness for Vitamin C during sickipoo! :)

0 Comments: