02 February 2008

We now welcome the slide into our world!

What a terrific thing! You've loved playing at the park for months now, but you shy away from almost all the park playsets other than the swing and occasionally the rocking toys. I'm not sure if it's the climbing part that intimidates you, or the fact that all the other kids are on it, or what...but something about it makes you nervous, so I don't push it.


The other day when you were sick I took you to our new favorite park. It's super quiet and there are rarely lots of kids playing. That day we were the only ones there! I guess this made you feel more comfortable because you climbed up the playset and went down the slide at least four times! Each time you went down you exclaimed "Whheeeee!" so I know you were having fun! It was so incredible to watch, and we'll see what happens next time we go and there are other kids playing too.

I must say though that we have a lot of work to do on your climbing skills! I'm not sure if it's the klutz in me that you get this from, but you seem to have absolutely no concept when it comes to climbing, and then what to do with steps. If it were up to you, you would walk right off a high canopy thinking there was soft ground inches under each of your feet. It's so frightening to watch you try to learn how to maneuver on the playset, and I nearly had a heart attack when you were barely paying attention and walked down a step as though you were walking on flat ground. Needless to say I did not end up having a heart attack, but you have a lovely circle on your forehead which is the imprint of the cut out circles in the play set so sand and dirt can fall through. Whoops!

But all in all, it was a blast to watch you play and explore in ways you've resisted in the past. I'm so very proud of you honey. You are an incredible slider now. Only a mum could be so proud of something so insignificant. Love you.

0 Comments: