21 March 2008

Ok, I'm back!

Hopefully on a more regular basis. So so...how shall we sum up the month of March? Well, in one word: BUSY! You are 21 months old, and very much looking older than your years (or do I say months!). It amazes me to see, especially in the last few weeks how much you've changed.


You've been gaining more words every day, and although you don't combine words yet to form sentences, you certainly know how to get your point across! In many ways, you can be bossy! For example, when we sit for dinner you would point to a place setting and yell who would sit there, and in the next chair, and so on. You certainly like things done your way. Hmm...that sounds awfully familiar. Whoops! Somehow it's more endearing on you!!

What else...we celebrated Collin and Abby's second birthdays this month. That was a ton of fun although unfortunately I think you thought you turned two the day of Abby's party as well, because we formally entered the terrible two's that afternoon with the tantrum/meltdown of the century. Let's hope that passes fast. Please toddler gods!! :)

We had Nana visit for a week and you two had a great time! You reignited your love for your bear rug, and the two of you made up some silly dances and cheers on that thing! You loved spending the time with Nana and she adored every minute of you too.

A friend of mine started to teach me and a few girlfriends how to sew, and it's my new passion! I am totally loving it so a lot of your summer wardrobe may be homemade this year!! I hope to keep this passion for it going strong cause it's been a really fun hobby and has allowed me to step away from the role of mother for a few hours every week (even though I am mostly sewing for you or your friends!!) but it's a great 'escape' that allows me to be creative. Well, somewhat, since there are more directions to follow than I care to, but I'm dealing with the 'rules'! :)

I had some minor dental surgery done this week, which now leaves me unable to smile for a few weeks! The ladies in town must think it's botox! ;-) It's pretty painful and I have to eat food cut smaller than yours and use your teeny spoon (for ice cream!) but as long as you don't punch me in the lip or chin, then we're all good! It is strange though, not being able to smile at you with a big grin every time you do something fun, clever, or you just being you.

Today we went to the most awesome Easter egg hunt at Amber's (where this photo was taken-notice my lack of natural smile!) and it was so fun! Everyone had the kids dressed up in their springtime best and it was just so much fun. I love our friends!!

I'm more or less caught up, except on photos. If you want to see recent photos (now I'm talking to the 'internets', go here). All I can say is you are still as adorable as always. You always will be in my eyes.

0 Comments: