03 April 2008

A Moment with Mummy


Two nights ago at 11:45pm you started to yell "Mummy! Mummy!" in your crib. You never wake in the middle of the night, and I wasn't sure what woke you. But after 8 minutes of that I went to your room and you immediately asked me to read you a book. I kept the lights out and held you in my arms, played your lullaby CD, and recited your favorite ABC book (which I know off by heart!) and when we got to Z you knew it was the end, you pointed to your crib, signed 'bed' and I asked you "You want to go back to bed?" and you nodded your head yes and that was all done. You went to bed and were a silent baby right away.

When I went to bed I thought of two things. The first was that I hadn't been home that evening for bath and bedtime and perhaps you woke for a moment in the middle of the night and remembered you hadn't seen your Mummy right before bed, and that's why you called for me. Because you really seemed so calmed by just having a moment with me. Like you needed reassurance that I was there and would be there to kiss you goodnight. It made me feel wonderful to have that moment with you where you lay in my arms and you shut your eyes listening to me tell you a story. You never sleep in my arms, so this was nice.

The second thought that I had was that you somehow had Toddler ESP and you knew my birthday started at midnight and you wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. Hey, a mother can dream, right? ;-)

Whatever it was, it was a great moment together. Just don't do it too often ;-)

Anyhow, so yesterday we spent a wonderful birthday together as a family. We all had breakfast together and went for a hike in the morning and had a ton of fun. When you finally wanted out of the backpack you wanted to walk on your own. That consisted of picking up rocks and dirt every second step. It was very cute.

There's no picture yet because Daddy bought me a new camera for my birthday and I don't now how to upload the photos yet! I'll figure it out at nap time and get one up there from yesterday's hike. You were so cute!! Thanks for a wonderful day!

0 Comments: