06 May 2008

First Haircut




If you can actually call it that! More of a very teensy weensy minor trim. But it's perfect! Your hair is so pretty, but it's in your eyes all day long, or more like in your mouth! When you wake up in the morning your hair hangs flat right to your lips and though you occasionally let me pull it back, it can be a bit trying. I decided that you need a haircut!

Amazingly enough, today on Elmo it was all about hair and haircuts! How perfect was the timing, since we had an appointment for tonight! Serendipitous I tell you! So all day I talked about haircuts and Elmo to prepare you. When Shylee, our favorite hairdresser came over, I told her I had no idea what we should do, but I knew what I didn't want: Suri Cruise's haircut. (hmm, when you are older and you read this I bet Suri Cruise's name will mean nothing to you at all. She is a 'celebrity baby,' which seems to be all the rage right now, to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Famous movie stars. Consider this your 2008 Entertainment/History lesson of the day! Suri is hugely popular for some reason these days.)

Anyhow, I didn't want bangs, nor did I want to take off any of your length, so Shylee snipped the smallest bit off the frame of your loooong bangs and though it looked like she had done nothing at all, it was EXACTLY right! Long enough to keep in clips but short enough that it just reaches past your eyebrow in the center.

So although it doesn't look any different at all, it was a milestone and now it's documented.

0 Comments: