11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today is my second official Mother's day. They get better each year :) We had brunch with Daddy, Bubbe and Zaydie and you were really awesome. I'm really proud to be your mother, you are such a terrific little kid. You make me smile so much, and I could just squeeze you to little bits sometimes I am so overcome with love. All the grandma's and grandpa's at the club wanted to take you home with them. It was pretty funny. But you weren't really in the mood to make new friends and kept to yourself and were pretty shy and not so generous with smiles for strangers today. That's ok, one day I'll be encouraging that behaviour!!


These past few weeks your vocabulary is really expanding and you are just starting to string a few words together including "more please" and "mummy up." The latter being your favorite. I think we're going through Stage 2 Separation Anxiety. Ah well, especially on mother's day it feels great to be loved and wanted.

You just went down for nap, which is typically from 1:30-4:30 each afternoon so I think this mama will treat herself to a little rest as well today rather than wasting time on the computer and putzing around the house. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be your mother. It's a role I cherish and am proud to be forever.

0 Comments: