01 May 2008

It's May!





Where have I been all of April! We've been keeping super busy. Who knew being a stay at home mother would keep me so busy? I sure didn't. I remember there was a time when I was begging to find things to fill our days, and now we seem to have something going on all the time. We've just added a new activity to our week, swim classes. First one was today...

This swim class is a bit different. It's just you and the instructor, Dylan, in the water, and me hiding in the bushes! Basically I hid the entire class so that you wouldn't see me and want to be with me. Not that it stopped any of your tears or yells for Mama, or Dada, or at one point you kept screaming "EAT!" and "Bye bye" I am not sure she's ever heard a kid yell "Eat" in the middle of swim class! It was so funny (and heart breaking at the same time). You were ready to do anything to get out of that pool! You were dunked at least 20 times and I kid you not, by the end of class you 'swam' like 2 feet on your own. It was incredible! See photos, and note that the photo of the two of us was BEFORE class. After class you looked a little more like you had been through a car wash without a car. :(

You did swallow and gag a bunch of water, and you did cry for most of the thirty minutes, but for some reason, you LOVED it. Tonight at dinner you asked to swim with Dylan more. Yup, I was shocked. You actually liked it! I am so happy, since we are doing this twice a week! I suspect you will cry a ton each class, and be exhausted afterwards. It was a huge workout. But I feel you are getting a vital skill, and most importantly a comfort of being in the water. This summer we are going to have a ton of fun in the pool!

Well, anyhow, again honey, I am sorry I have been slacking so much on your blog. I want so much to keep this up to date so that we can look back at all these memories one day. I'm going to try harder. I love you.

1 Comment:

Jamie said...

Yay for Dylan....and Finley too of course!!! Dylan and I are close childhood friends and she will take good care of you guys, or else! ;) Glad to hear she did well. Collin is going to start soon too hopefully if his Mommy can get her act together and stop being so busy. :)