04 September 2008

We're back from Vacation!

Though I am not positive that will help much with my blogging hiatus! I'm trying Finley, I'm trying!

We had an incredible time in Jackson, seeing friends and gorgeous scenery and spending time with Bubbie and Zaide. You loved being there and I'm not surprised! The weather was gorgeous and we got to play outside everyday, and go on our friend's boat amidst the stunning Tetons, hang out with tons of dogs (Maddie's old play buddies!) and all my friends' new kids!

You did a lot of surprising little things over the vacation that your dad and I just looked at each other wondering if you were our kid! :) Like your sudden love for ride on toys (which did not return to you upon your arrival back in CA and your 'wheely bug' still remains lonely and dusty), as well as your sudden love of tents and tunnels, and not to mention your love of going to bed late and sleeping in even later! We were pretty much on the 10pm-10am schedule in Jackson! Yeehaw them cowboys say, eh? (which is how a Canadian says it I guess ;-)

We had a great time and unfortunately it was only dampened by the bug you caught on your last day which later decided to rear it's ugly head in the form of projectile pukefest 2008 on the flight landing in Palm Springs. Yup, it was messy, ugly and extremely nerve wracking, but we took care of you and each other and everyone came out alive though slightly messy and smelly! Ugh!

So the last week you've been a bit out of sorts and I don't know if it's the bug, or the settling back in, or the you being two part, but the tantrums and crying fits we've seen this week are like none I've ever seen from you before! We're trying to figure it out...feel free to make suggestions as this very well may be a cry for help!

But the good news this week...well you are my dear a potty champ! at 26 months old we've eliminated diapers from all waking hours and only use them at naps and nights. Even better news? You don't even need hem 80% of the time! You look at me in the morning all proud and exclaim "DRY!" referring to your diaper! And yes indeed, 3 days in a row, it's been dry after you being in bed 12+ hours! And naptimes been no different with a majority of the time being dry after about 4 hours! You got it baby, you got it!! :)

But I fear cheering is premature cause we still have a long way to go I think! But what a great step and you are doing a terrific job! Thank you!

Well, that's enough or me...it's late and that seems to be my only quiet time these days...I'll try to write more sweetie. There is no reason why you should be deprived of month 27 too!

xoxox

0 Comments: