01 December 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know it's been at least 2 weeks since I've posted. It's a busy time of year! We have your Mimi & Grand daddy Sam visiting us in a few days...so it will be even busier!

Forgive me for not making a big deal out of thanksgiving...but I never celebrated it growing up since my parents didn't grow up in North America (and thus they never celebrated it!) so I didn't quite realize the importance of this holiday around these parts! Anyhow, we had a really wonderful night at Bubbie & Zaydie's house where you & Fiona (Bubbie's daughter Shannon's little girl) had a blast playing together. I think she is 9 years old...and the moment you laid eyes on her you were smitten ;-) You love girls who are at least twice your age and you love to watch them and play with them. You and Fiona had a blast playing with balls, or running around the house counting all the paintings on the walls, or searching for colors (that's a great game by the way, thank you Fiona for creating it!).

We had a double thanksgiving because 2 nights later we spent it at the neighbors with Dave & Rob and some friends. Though you never actually sat down to eat, you did have an incredible time running around the house with your toys everywhere. It's easy going next door, that's for sure! They have the most beautiful tree every year and you loved looking at it and naming all the animals on the ornaments.

I think your dad i about ready to get you organized for Christmas...while I need to find a way to trump Christmas with some kind of phenomenal Chanukah bush or something. Hmm...better start thinking about that one. It's pretty impossible to trump the beauty of a Christmas tree and a jolly fat guy in a red suit. Oh, and the presents. I cannot wait to give you our present!! We got you a great wood train table and set and I think you are going to love it! Just need to figure out where to put it in your shrinking playroom.....


0 Comments: