12 May 2009

Day 2 Away from you....

I'm off in Arizona on a 'working vacation' as they say. It seems today was ALL work, but tomorrow I intend to relax, possibly sleep in, and play. Maybe shop. This is my first time away from you and I sure do miss you my little monkey. I am amazed though that you are at an age where we can talk on the phone! Your voice sounds so different on the phone, it's almost like you have a foreign accent or something! It makes me laugh!

Tonight when daddy put you on the phone the first thing I heard over the speaker was your deep giggle. Is that possible? A deep giggle? That's the best way I can describe it. It's a beauty. I adore hearing you laugh.
But as soon as you heard my voice on Daddy's phone you just started giggling and next thing you know you are telling me all about your day and your DVD that is skipping and oh no what will you do etc... It was precious. Sometimes it takes small moments like this to realize how incredibly special the things in front of your face every day are. I don't think I ever thought you weren't precious, but we take for granted what is right in front of us each day, and I will try not to do that anymore. I am with my friend who lost her daughter two years ago and I am just so thankful that you are my daughter and you are here.

Here you are in the new skirt I made you. And here is the view from my window this morning. Wish you were here monkey.


1 Comment:

Sam said...

You won over at http://www.againmommy.blogspot.com I can't get your email link to work. Can you email me at samcrawley at yahoo dot com so I can send you your treats!

Cute skirt btw.