08 January 2008

Half Girl, Half Animal :)

You've always been obsessed with animals. It comes as no surprise that you managed to find some very buried away giraffe slippers that we have not seen in years and now part of after bath ritual is to wear them and try to walk to your room. Every two steps involves putting the slippers back on :) It's super cute.


The most unusual thing has been happening this past week though. Lately every time you've seen Sesame Street characters (as in an Elmo doll at the store, or when we are on the computer together-which by the way, I am afraid of how much you like being on the computer, but I digress...) but you call out "Elmo!", "Ernie!", and "Grover!" (or at least it sounds like that). The most amazing part of this all is....you've never seen more than three minutes of Sesame Street and you have none of the aforementioned dolls or toys!! You've never had interest in that show, so I never put it on! You do have a soft book your Nana bought you that has Elmo in it, but you haven't seen that book in months. But today, there we were at Target and you screamed "Elmo!" from the cart and sure enough behind my shoulder was a row of Elmo pinatas (who knew they made Elmo pinatas?!!). But this is a very interesting phenomenon, and since I am the only one that takes care of you I am pretty perplexed by how all this came to be!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to get an Elmo Pinata. Was it in the kid section or in the parents section? :)

Shari said...

Have you been sneaking Elmo bytes to my child when we see you? ;-) Are you serious? You want an Elmo pinata, I will get you one!

Anonymous said...

His 30th birthday is coming up...

Jamie said...

OMG Shari, this is so funny! I am LMAO only because I remember you at the PD park saying how Elmo and his entourage are banned from the Brownfield house! I never got the whole "Elmo" phenomenon before I had Collin and now that I have a child obsessed with Sesame Street I love to watch him light up when he see's those characters he likes so much! Oh and I know what pinata you are talking about at Target, C loves that thing!!!!! :D