08 April 2008

First Swim of the Season

Yesterday we finally braved all the gear that goes along with living in the desert and having bathing suit season upon us in early April! I asked you in the morning if you wanted to go swimming with your friends and you repeatedly told me no. I was actually surprised, since you seem to really enjoy playing with water. But I shouldn't have been very surprised because it's a new activity that we haven't done it months and I suspect it's nerve wracking to you to go on new adventures. But you did really great!

We met up with your buddies and got the swim suits on, the towels out, the sunscreen slathered and we waded around. You mostly wanted to have me walk around the shallow end holding you so that no water even touched you, but eventually you got into walking around on the very shallow beach entry yourself. You even stumbled once and fell to your side and I caught you before your head went underwater and although you were slightly startled you ended up replaying that moment all day long! It was pretty cute. You would scrunch up your face and start rubbing your eyes and say "EYE!!" and then rub rub rub and then say "Wawwu!" to let me know that water got in your eyes when we were swimming. You are quite the drama queen ;-) For you though best part of swim was snack time afterwards.


But today I signed you up for swim lessons so hopefully you'll get more and more comfortable with the idea of swimming and this summer we can spend every afternoon in our pool! That should be fun!

0 Comments: