27 May 2008

It's a challenge

A fellow mama friend, Jamie, posted this challenge on her own blog for me (and several others). Are we like super geeks or super cool because we blog? Who knows! But anyhow, this blog is almost always about you until some segue like this happens. Sometimes I feel guilty for digressing to non YOU topics. Isn't that nuts? I'm telling you, until you are a mother you never know what it feels like to really never put yourself first anymore. I mean it, NEVER! Not even in a silly little blog (speaking of which, oh lordy do you say the word Silly so cute! You sign it at the same time and it in itself is the picture of silliness!).

See, what did I say, I can't even focus on myself even when it's the task at hand!

Anyhow, here is my challenge....

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog (done and done)
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs (am I supposed to know 7 bloggers personally? That's just plain nuts! Jamie already tagged my only blogging friends and I know they won't do this again so I shamefully can't complete this rule. I need more nerdy friends like me!
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog (I will not be tagging anyone, so need not complete this rule either. You should know this is very hard for me, because I am a rule person. Yes indeed.).

Well, since this blog is for you my dear and when you are 14 reading through this I want to make sure these are things about me that I actually want you to know (tattoo? what tattoo? Heehee...speaking of which you saw mine the other day and said "Boo boo" and kissed it better. Awwwww) so I need to formulate my 7 random facts strategically.

1. I wear my watch on my right hand even though I am a righty. I am not sure when I started doing that, but I think it was some time in high school when I was trying to be different. I started wearing two watches, one on each hand (I was so cool, eh?). Eventually I took one off cause it was so silly and I guess I took the wrong one off and now it's the one I use.

2. I slept with a stuffed animal until the day you were born, and now he is sitting in your toy box. I knew I had to break the habit one day! Pathetic, eh (I am referring to friends with this question, not to you, who should never refer to your mum as pathetic!). His name is Strother, he is a dog, and I hope you still have him when you are old enough to read this.

3. I've been a vegetarian now for 20 years. Started at 14. Strange, because I am only 29 now ;-) Somehow the math works in my head. Haha.

4. I've won several 45's (that would be pr-MP3, pre-CD, pre-cassette tape, and even, sadly, pre 8-track, ask me about this when you are listening to music through your ears connected to some implanted micro chip) for my hula hooping skills. When living in Israel my sister and I entered lots of hula hoop contests and won several. I don't know why, but it was a big deal. We hula hooped every single day if I remember right. I used to be able to do it for literally hours. Hence all the prizes. I think some of those records are still in Nana's basement.

5. I set my alarm clock to odd numbers only. Well, except for 5s. Like I would never do 4:45 or 4:15. But I would do 4:47 in a heartbeat.

6. I have no fear of things that are out of my control. And I seek those moments. I am the first to bungee jump, paraglide, or whatever, I have no fear of that. But the little stuff, that's what gets me. It makes me nervous and agitated and makes me feel like I would rather jump out of a plane. Strange, I know. I am completely calm under big pressure (including your birth) but can barely deal with hiccups in travel plans or other minuscule things.

7. I used to speak four languages. It's dwindling every year and soon enough it will sadly only be English. Well, the spell-checked version! I used to be fairly fluent in English, French, Hebrew and Yiddish. I even had a few words of Swahili under my belt. Don't use much of any of it anymore and I suspect you won't know any of those other languages either. Kind of sad. We'll have to work on that, and also learn a few new ones together.

Well, there you have it, 7 random facts about me (or Moi in French, Ani in Hebrew, and I want to say Ich in Yiddish but that's actually 'I am'. See, I told you it's dwindling).

Tomorrow perhaps I will post seven random facts about you. After all, it's all about you.......

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

We are alarm clock soul-mates! Especially eerie is the 5 syndrome. I actually hide this fact from my husband...he's always asking for :15's but I secretly refuse and set his for :17. Mine is 7:01.

Jamie said...

Nice to hear a little about the Mama of Finley.... :)