22 May 2008

What's a girl to do on a windy day?


Except take over the aisles of Walmart with a great big piling game! Sometimes it surprises me how much I've become 'That' person. The one I said I would never become! You know the one; the one who I used to look at in stores and their kids are going crazy everywhere (you yesterday), or at the library and their kids are throwing a tantrum (you two days ago), and think "now why are they letting their kids do that?" It turns out there's always a good reason! Taking things off store shelves is FUN! And we always clean up! And throwing tantrums? Well, the only way to stop one is to let it happen, and ignore it!

Anyhow, all that aside we had a fun time at Walmart yesterday. Dad and I hunkered down while you spent about 20 minutes taking paint trays off the shelves and making a row of piles, and then pretending to paint with rollers. We actually got a great kick out of it and had a lot of fun! The guy who worked the hardware department didn't mind us at all...though you did mind him! Each time he tried to smile at you or talk to you you freaked out and came running to my arms crying! You still have some stranger anxiety I think.

Anyhow, it was pretty fun and a good thing to know that you enjoy doing. When the temps hit 120 we may be hitting that aisle yet again :)

0 Comments: