15 September 2008

A little bit of mama...a little bit of dada...



Someone pointed out to me how comfortable you look with a golf club or paintbrush in hand! Wow, I totally didn't notice it before but now I do! It's funny since your dad and I have never been able to pinpoint who you look like, either he or me. People sometimes say you look like Dad, or me, but we still can't see it. Then some people say you are a perfect blend of the two of us. Nope, can't see that either. BUT, now we can see you take after a little bit of each of us in your personality.

Daddy, as you will one day find out, is an accomplished golfer (he in fact shot 61 in a tournament today) and played professionally for many years travelling the world and competing. Just before he & I met he stopped playing professionally and went amateur again (I hope I am using the right terms. I am pretty dense when it comes to this stuff!). Dad will tell you more when you are older! Anyhow, I hope you enjoy golf because it can be such a fun way for you guys to spend time together and enjoy the great outdoors! I love golf, although am not very good, nor do I actually know how to play...but I do love it anyhow. So by the looks of you and your little involvement with golf so far...I think you will be a natural!

Then it seems you love to paint too. As you will also come to learn, Mummy is the artist in the family and while I never painted for a living (though have sold some pieces) art was definitely my living for a long time. I would love for you to enjoy art and creating so when I watch you paint my heart flutters for a moment and I hope that it's another connection that you & I will have.

So while you may not look like either of us per se, you certainly have some of our best traits. And that my dear, is wonderful.

0 Comments: